Saturday, June 2, 2012

Free Alternative and Renewable Energy Class

I know it's summer and most of you are through schooling for the year, as am I, but even during summer I am looking for cool things to learn and fun things that will keep my kids engaged in learning all year long so that when we start school back in August they haven't forgotten every single thing we learned the year before. I've found that if you add in just a little, and yes, I do mean a little, schooling at least once a week throughout the summer, kids seem to be more engaged and eager about a new school year. It seems like they think learning is natural now because we are always learning something new each and every day, even if it's just how to bake brownies. They start school and really, other than having all of our classes together, it's just a regular, everyday environment for them, because we do spend our summers reading or learning new things. Showing your children that learning is fun and exciting makes them much more eager to learn, and in my house, it's now a competition to see who's smarter than whom haha.

While on the subject of learning I found this free science class that is being offered and I just had to share it with all of you. I have attended several of this teacher's teleclasses and they are absolutely amazing! I even signed up for two more just today!

It is definitely worth taking a few minutes out of your day to watch these classes. The latest class is Alternative and Renewable Energy. It will be taught on Tuesday, June 5th. You have your choice between morning or afternoon class. With everyone focusing on the environment and pollution and the ozone layer, this is a nice way to teach your children. I've included the registration link below.

Register Here

No comments:

Post a Comment